East Bay Regional Park District
The East Bay Regional Park District Swim Program offers inclusive swim lesson programming using he American Red Cross Swim Lesson curriculum. Classes offer a ratio of 4-6 students per instructor. All instruction is conducted with emphasis on personal safety and fun.
- Parent Tot- This is a fantastic opportunity for children to enjoy the water while being accompanied by a parent/adult. Instructors will guide parents in teaching their children. This class is designed to help children become comfortable in the water while introducing them to the swim lesson environment and instructors.
- Super Tot- This is a great opportunity for "super tots" to have fun and learn new skills without parents. Skills range from entry-level to advance. All students will be assessed at the beginning of the sessions and placed in groups according to skill level and class size. This class is designed to help students prepare for our "Learn-to-Swim" program. No previous swimming experience necessary.
- Learn-To-Swim- The Learn-to-Swim section consists of levels 1-6. When registering for these lessons you do not need to choose a specific class level. On the first day of each session, all participants will be assessed by the instructors to ensure appropriate class placement. Swimmers will be assigned to a class with other students who have similar skill levels. Lessons will have a 6:1 student-to-teacher ratio, and will be tailored to meet each student's needs. Level 5 and 6 Learn-to-Swim classes will be offered only at the 11:30-12:15 pm timeslot and 6:30-7:15 pm timeslot.
- Private Lessons- Private Lessons are an excellent opportunity for students of all ages and abilities to receive valuable one-on-one instruction. Before classes begin, participants will speak with instructors to identify their swimming goals. Whether you want to learn how to float or to swim butterfly, classes will be tailored to your specific needs.
- Adult Group Lessons- Adult group lessons are a fun way for swimmers of all abilities to improve their skills. If you are afraid of the water of if you've just never learned to swim, this is the class for you!
Swim lessons are held at Robert’s Pool, which is located within the Roberts Regional Recreation Area in the Oakland hills and the Contra Loma Swim Lagoon, which is located within the Contra Loma Regional Park in Antioch. Directions to both facilities can be found on the East Bay Regional Park District website.
Registration is required for all swim lessons. Please call, register online, or visit our administrative headquarters. If fewer than two students are registered in any one class, the class may be combined or cancelled. Fees will be refunded if class is cancelled. Cancellations by registrants are refundable with seven days advance notice. No-shows on first day of sessions may be dropped unless advanced notification is given by calling (510) 544-3157 for Roberts Pool and (510) 690-6626 for Contra Loma.
For more general information on our swim lesson programs, please take a look at our Swim Lesson Brochure.