Hello Junior Lifeguards, parents, and friends
Welcome Junior Lifeguards!!! We're excited to see you back this year for another exciting summer of swimming sand and sun! This year we'll be offering 3 different programs under the Junior Lifeguard umbrella: Junior Lifeguards (ages 8-12), Aides (ages 13-15), and Junior Cadet (ages14-17). You can see that there's something for everyone! In addition to these programs, we will host our Second annual Junior Lifeguard Competition! Check out our website to learn about it all!
New, Improved or Notable for 2017!!!
- This year we've expanded the Crown Beach Beach program. It will run sessions 2, 4, 6 and 8. This one-week, bayfront program is unlike any other Junior Lifeguard program in the Bay Area. Register early as it is sure to fill up!
- Junior Cadet program has been expanded to 4 weeks!
- Junior Lifeguard registration will only be available online or over the phone. To make sure instructor ratios are correct, day of registration will no longer be allowed, so please register early!
- Due to the uncertainty of Blue Green Algae, no programs (Junior Guard, Junior Aide or Junior Cadet) will be offered at Lake Temescal this year :(
Thank you for participating in our Junior Lifeguard programs, and we hope to see you soon!
-EBRPD Lifeguard Service
Junior Cadet program
BSA Merit Badges
Are you a Boy Scout? If so, you are now able to potentially complete various required skills from three merit badges when attending any JG session.
Interested? Be sure to bring a Boy Scout buddy and your blue card(s) to be marked off at the end of the session. Notify your JG Instructor at the beginning of the session which merit badge skills you hope to be checked off on during the week. On Friday, the JG Instructor will fill-out the blue card, indicating which skills were successfully completed. IMPORTANT: It is not guaranteed that a Boy Scout will successfully complete each skill or completely earn any of the merit badges.
The following merit badges are offered every session:
- Required skills offered: 2b+c, 3a-c, 4a+b, 6a+b, 7
- Required skills offered: 7a+b, 9c, 13a+b, 14a
- Required skills offered: 2a+b
Red Cross Certification
Pre-registration (by phone or on-line only) Cost: $20
First Aid offered during:
Sessions 1, 3, 5, 7
CPR/AED offered during:
Sessions 2, 4, 6, 8
The optional ARC certification must be purchased during registration only. No on site purchase will be allowed. JGs who have signed up to receive a certification from ARC will be given a temporary card on Friday. A certificate copy will be mailed home in September.
NOTE: Every JG receives a certificate of program completion—
this is NOT the same as the ARC certification card. To be certified by the ARC, parents must pay the additional $20 fee.
Would you like to learn more? Please feel free to call or visit any of our locations. We’d love to hear from you!
Aquatic Assistant (JG and Aide) Translated program brochures:
Aaron Roth - Korean
(510) 690-6624 - Chinese
Aquatic Assistant (JR. Cadets)
Junior Lifeguard program facilities:
Contra Loma Regional Park
1200 Frederickson Ln. Antioch, CA 94509
Crown Memorial State Beach
8th Street, Alameda, CA 94501
Cull Canyon Regional Recreation Area
18627 Cull Canyon Rd. Castro Valley, CA 94546
Lake Anza at Tilden Regional Park
Lake Anza Rd. Berkeley, CA 94708
Shadow Cliffs Regional Recreation Area
2500 Stanley Blvd. Pleasanton, CA 94566